Re: [ease-dev] code contributions that are purely cosmetics

Hi Jonah,

we did add coding rules and save actions to all projects as project settings some months ago. I guess we should have done auto formatting for all projects at the same time. Would have been nicer.

For the sake of simplicity I do not revert any code changes done due to these rules and commit them with whatever change I currently do. Same goes for trivial doc fixes or additions. We also used 'm' as field qualifier in the beginning of EASE and changed to 'f' after some time as this is used by the majority of other projects I know. Also these changes will be fixed silently with other commits.

If you are ok with that procedure, we can go on like that, so don't revert whatever formatting gets automatically applied. Another option would be to open a dedicated bug and apply reformatting to the whole codebase. Would love to stick to the rule to have bug numbers on each commit though.

Christian