Re: [ease-dev] Regarding Open Source contribution

Hi Nikhil,

not sure if you are on the right track already. I admit I have difficulties following your email.

The task is to provide a script module exposing an API that allows to create dialogs in a dynamic way. Say a user wants to build an address book application with EASE scripts (for whatever reason). Then he might need an input dialog to query for firstname, lastname, …

It would be nice if there were simple script commands available to build a dialog like this.

Now your task would be to come up with such an API and implement it as an EASE module.

There are no ‘SWT scripts’, you also should not directly provide ‘dialog generation scripts’. You might need some for testing purposes, but your main task is to enable users to write their own dialog generation scripts. The task also does not include writing of any static dialogs.

HTH

Christian