Re: [cdt-dev] What exactly is CDT core build?

> On 21 Aug 2020, at 14:59, Jan Baeyens <jan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> generated unique numbers and version control just don't mix nice.

I can't talk for all plug-ins, but sane plug-ins generate these long and frightening IDs only once and do not change them later, so they can be safely stored in version control or local preference files.

Since I had a chance to play with them while writing exporters from mBed and xPack Build to CDT, most of these IDs are just strings, that's nothing special with their content except their uniqueness within a domain.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top