Re: [cdt-dev] What exactly is CDT core build?

> On 21 Aug 2020, at 03:32, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ... do you consider the formatter and codan setting to be stored in the wrong place in current Eclipse design? I strongly think they should be checked in as part of the project, but they are currently in .settings.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean, since I remember that for formatting I have an external xml that I store explicitly in my main projects, and I load it manually in the Eclipses I use for development.

As for code analysis, I remember I evaluated it several years ago, and did not seem ready for prime time, so I have close to zero experience with it.

But, to answer your question, to me they look like configurations, not preferences, so yes, they should not be stored in .settings.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top