[cdt-dev] Eclipse 2018-12 RC2's CDT 9.6.0

Hello folks,

First a big thank you for all the community coming together in the last 24 hours to help address the last minute issues of getting CDT to work with both Java 11 and Java 8. There was a lot of discussion and activity yesterday, and now it looks like we have a viable solution for supporting Java 11 and Java 8 from the same repository. Please do test the latest code to make sure it works in your environment, and please see the entry in N&N about what vendors shipping CDT may need to do.

CDT for Eclipse 2018-12 RC2 is now been posted. (Note that the new simultaneous releases are named by their planned release year-month, no longer by a name.)

CDT is planning on shipping 9.6.0 as part of the 2018-12 release. Please have a look at the New and Noteworthy and the active and completed bugs to see what is planned for this release.

The CDT p2 repo is http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/9.6/cdt-9.6.0-simrel-2018-12-rc2 and is based on commit 78dcf9bf0bc4.

The complete bundled C/C++ Package (the one that will be posted to https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/) will be ready this Friday/Saturday. Link to follow.

---

This is our schedule for publishing CDT's contribution to 2018-12 simultaneous release. See SimRel 2018-12 Plan for further details.  (The EPP generally will be available on Friday of the same week):
Today - 2018-12 RC2
Then we are in Quiet week(s) until the release on Wed 19 Dec.

Thanks,
Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham