Re: [andmore-dev] updates

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Ian Darwin <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/22/18 9:45 AM, Don Wills wrote:
Hello Norbert,

Yes, Andmore appears to be dead.

The abandonment of Andmore by the powers that be in the Eclipse world is a gigantic mistake that will lead to more and more happy Eclipse users migrating away from our favorite IDE.  In the long run this is bad for *all* Eclipse users.

I agree that it's unfortunate and will lead to what you say, but I don't think it's "the powers that be". Open Source projects are driven by contributions from the committer community. And the fact is that there were only 1 or 2 active committers, nobody new stepped up to help them, and I guess they got burned out. I'd say we have only ourselves to blame.

Exactly. We facilitated and Dave Carver did most of the heavy lifting to the move of the old ADT plug-ins to Eclipse as Andmore to allow for people who really care about it, and I know there are a lot that do, to continue development of it to match what Google is funding through Android Studio. It's still there and anyone is more than welcome to contribute and take a leadership role in the project.

Back to the top