[andmore-dev] Nougat 7.1.1

I've managed to create a branch in my repository which has most of the update to Android 7.1.1 (25.2.3). Unfortunately there are a few pieces no longer part of the release (and I believe no longer maintained). The two pieces are the linter which still appears to work for the moment
the second are the UI parts (sdkuilib) which do not.

I believe for the UI there are two options:
  1. fork the existing sdkuilib and attempt to update it to the newer code
    + requires minimal changes to the rest of the Andmore codebase
    + fits the Eclipse UI
    - own future maintainence
  2. fork the necessary Android Studio UI code, its swing based which isn't an issue but unfortunately appears to also rely on Intellij classes
    + if we minimize the changes, future upgrades may simply be merging patches
    - there may not be 1:1 replacements for UI pieces
I don't believe either option is easy, though I'm not sure which of the two is more difficult. I'm not sure if there are IP issues either way.

The other part which is no longer maintained is the linter, I believe we'll need to fork and maintain at some point but minimal playing around didn't show bugs. I assume we're missing new features & hints.

Back to the top