Re: [4diac-dev] GSoC - Generation of Unit-test code out of the component specification

Understood. Thank you.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 10:55 AM Martin Melik-Merkumians <Melik-Merkumians@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Muhammad,

in order to apply for the GSoC project, you have to write a proposal for it. So best as a first step is to familiarize with the GSoC application process https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/

For the project itself, the Eclipse 4diac project is a development platform for IEC 61499 automation applications. Its base element for modeling such applications is the Function Block (FB), which can be seen as a software component and the sub-type called Basic FB is programmed via a kind of state machine and associated algorithms. There are also aggregated component structures, such as the Composite FB and the Subapplication. The basic idea was to describe the interface behavior of such construct and generate unit-test out of this specification. Another interesting topic associated with this, is test coverage of the generated test and feedback to the user.

So in order to support you with the writing of the proposal, please write a short proposal first and send it to this list for discussion and feedback.

If there are any question to the project or the registration process, also please write to this list. We all will try to support you with your GSoC application.

Best regards,

Martin

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Melik-Merkumians

Advanced Mechatronic Systems