Re: [xtext-dev] OutOfMemoryError in an XText-generated editor

Martin,

I’ve answerd your post in the forum.

Note that itemis offers professional services especially for advanced scenarios such as large scale models.

Best regards
Jan

Am 06.08.2014 um 10:28 schrieb Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Dear XText committers,
>
> Last week I posted a question on the XText Newsgroup but got no response so far:
> https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1404199/#msg_1404199
>
> We did some investigations ourselves and found that disabling the editor’s “update” method helps. So it looks like there’s indeed too much work being done when typing into the editor … but is this the right approach ? And where might be a proper hook adding sort of a “scalability mode” for opening large files in an XText-generated editor ? What are the team’s experiences with editing large files ?
>
> Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated !
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
> --
> Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River
> direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

—
Dr. Jan Köhnlein
Senior Software Architekt

Mobile: +49 (0) 151 / 17396687
Telefon: +49 (0) 431 / 99026870
Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 99026872

http://www.itemis.de
jan.koehnlein@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Niederlassung Kiel
Am Germaniahafen 1
24143 Kiel
http://www.itemis.de/

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621

Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Stephan Grollmann, Michael Neuhaus