[xtext-dev] OutOfMemoryError in an XText-generated editor

Dear XText committers,

Last week I posted a question on the XText Newsgroup but got no response so far:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1404199/#msg_1404199

We did some investigations ourselves and found that disabling the editor’s “update” method helps. So it looks like there’s indeed too much work being done when typing into the editor … but is this the right approach ? And where might be a proper hook adding sort of a “scalability mode” for opening large files in an XText-generated editor ? What are the team’s experiences with editing large files ?

Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated !

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top