[xtext-dev] Xtext Examples: Restructured directory layout in CVS and New-Example-Wizard

Hi team,

the Xtext-examples have changed their location within the CVS, so please delete all org.eclipse.example.*-plugins in your workspace and re-import the team project set.

With this change, we are now reusing EMF's extension-point org.eclipse.emf.common.ui.examples, which provides a fancy wizard under Eclispe->New->Examples for each of our examples. Not a single line of Java code is required on our side, just the registration of the examples via plugin.xml.

The directory "examples/" (in CVS) now contains a project named "org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples" which contains all other examples in its subdirecory "contents". By using this "nested layout" we are able to use the wizard without having additional effort to maintain the examples.

$tree -L2  examples/org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples/
org.eclipse.xtext.xtext.ui.examples/
|-- META-INF
|   `-- MANIFEST.MF
|-- about.html
|-- build.properties
|-- contents
|   |-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel
|   |-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel.ui
|   |-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.domainmodel.ui.tests
|   |-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.ecoredsl
|   |-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.ecoredsl.ui
|   |-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl
|   `-- org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl.ui
|-- icons
|   `-- genproject.gif
|-- plugin.properties
`-- plugin.xml

regards,
 Moritz

--
Moritz Eysholdt
Software Architekt

Telefon: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-335
Mobile: +49 (0) 179 / 6788196
Telefax: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-339

http://www.itemis.de
moritz.eysholdt@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Niederlassung Kiel
Schauenburgerstr. 116
24118 Kiel
http://www.itemis.de/

Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 20621 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Lünen
Vorstand: Wolfgang Neuhaus, Jens Wagener, Dr. Georg Pietrek
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vorsitzender), Stephan Grollmann, Michael Neuhaus

Back to the top