[xtext-dev] Xtext tests revisited

Hi

I've added a new plugin for the integration tests and moved everything that needs a workbench inside. Please update your workspaces. I haven't created a test.xml yet. Dennis, could you o that if appropriate?

The plugin org.eclipse.sxtext.service.ui.tests doesn't contain anything relevant any longer. We can consider deleting it.

Some observations on our tests:

- Some integration tests still fail.
- We cannot run tests that use different configurations for the same scope in the same VM (i.e. run-config). I hope this will be fixed by swiching to Guice. - We should avoid referencing examples in tests, e.g. the domain DSL in the content assist tests or the referenceGrammar in the UI integration tests. When we changes the examples the tests will likely break and it likely takes a lot of work to fix that. - We must use different file extensions even for the same language if the UI part is generated from multiple plugins, as the editor is registered for a file extension. - We cannot really generate multiple languages into the same plugin's, as the plugin.xml is not merged. Same holds for UI and Runtime in the same plugin.

Have a nice weekend
Jan

--
Dr. Jan Köhnlein
Senior Software Architekt

Telefon: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-337
Mobile: +49 (0) 163 / 3979 776
Telefax: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-339

http://www.itemis.de
jan.koehnlein@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Niederlassung Kiel
Schauenburgerstr. 116
24118 Kiel
http://www.itemis.de/

Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 20621
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Lünen
Vorstand: Wolfgang Neuhaus, Jens Wagener, Dr. Georg Pietrek
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vorsitzender), Stephan Grollmann, Michael Neuhaus

Back to the top