[xtext-dev] Xtext UI Tests failing

Hi all,

I am running mad on fixing the UI tests for Xtext. Seems like we have a funny mixture of test types. That's why I suggest the following new structure

- Put all tests that really run an editor into a separate plugin that can be run as JUnit Plugin-test with Workbench. I'd suggest the plug- in name
  org.eclipse.xtext.ui.integration.tests
These are really long running integration tests. Many of them are failing currently, as they rely on extension points being properly configured, which is not the case as we are generating code for several languages into the same test plugin (e.g. org.eclipse.xtext.ui.common.tests).

- Write UI tests in a way they can be executed as plain JUnit tests. With our service registry, we should be able to mock out UI dependent stuff. If that's not possible, you likely mixed UI stuff with business logic. Consider restructuring your service then.

Regards
Jan

--
Dr. Jan Köhnlein
Senior Software Architekt

Telefon: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-337
Mobile: +49 (0) 163 / 3979 776
Telefax: +49 (0) 431 / 5606-339

http://www.itemis.de
jan.koehnlein@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Niederlassung Kiel
Schauenburgerstr. 116
24118 Kiel
http://www.itemis.de/

Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 20621
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Lünen
Vorstand: Wolfgang Neuhaus, Jens Wagener, Dr. Georg Pietrek
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vorsitzender), Stephan Grollmann, Michael Neuhaus

Back to the top