Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] WST XML editor

Hi Shahzad,

There are a couple problems with your declaration.

1. It appears as though you've defined a grammar with a namespace. If that is the case you need to specify the namespace of the root element of your XML document.

<uiTemplate xmlns="F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"...

2. Your xsi:schemaLocation isn't correct. The way it is specified you're overriding the schema for schema. Try the following:

<uiTemplate xmlns="F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp file:///F:/Infelxion_handheld/schema/temp/uiTemplate.xsd">

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

"Shahzad, Kashif" <Kashif_Shahzad@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/27/2007 12:31 PM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] WST XML editor

Hi All,

I am using latest version of WST XML editor and we are planning to incorporate this editor. The issue I have is I could not find any way to have validation and content assist active for my XML files.

I tried in different ways like creating a catlog using XML editor preferences where I have defined this category

Location:           F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp\uiTemplate.xsd
URI:                  file:///F:/Infelxion_handheld/schema/temp/uiTemplate.xsd
Key Type:         Schema Location
Key:                 F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp\uiTemplate.xsd

When I add this entry to XML file thorugh Design Page the Text page shows the contents like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<uiTemplate xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema F:\Infelxion_handheld\schema\temp ">

</uiTemplate>

When I do validate a warning message come up which says

“No grammer constraints DTD or XML schema) detected for the document”

I will appreciate if you do let me know any workaround.

Thanks,
Kashif