Re: [wtp-releng] Branch verification for WTP 3.9.2 build

So, as I'm new here... two questions:

a) do we need to announce changes to http://git.eclipse.org/c/webtools/webtools.releng.aggregator.git/tree/scripts/repositories.txt (and other branches) ? If so, is this the list on which to announce it?

b) should all projects branch or tag for every release, even if nothing has changed since a previous release? If so, there's less need for a repositories.txt file since it can safely be assumed that every project is using the same branch/tag. (In JBoss Tools we automatically tag after each release (from the SHAs used for the release), and automatically branch as needed before a release or when forking maintenance from master.)

If you'd like something like automated tagging/branching for the webtools.* projects, we need either a bot user or a script that can be run by a PMC member w/ God Mode powers in all the repos. Then the script can be run quickly on one person's machine (or in Jenkins) and there need no longer be reminders sent to a dozen people, and confusion about which branch/tag to use.

WDYT?

Nick