Re: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for WTP 3.4.0 I-build towards WTP 3.4.0

Neil,

	Let me just address the comparator errors- when David switched us to
use Eclipse 3.8 M4 to build WTP 3.4.0, a lot of comparator "errors"
suddenly showed up.  We needed to move to an Eclipse 3.8 build in order to
be less greedy in our  repository.  But the comparator had some issues that
were supposed to be fixed by M6.  So, I announced for our M5 declare that
we would not worry about comparator issues for either the M5 or M6 declares
of WTP 3.4.0, but that after that, they would be a focus during M7.  (Once
we were able to use the Eclipse 3.8 M6 build to build WTP with.)  That is
still my plan.
	So yes, we generally require the comparatorUnexpectedMessages.log to
be empty for a milestone declare.  However, we have an exceptional
condition for this milestone.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Neil Hauge <neil.hauge@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                            |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |03/15/2012 01:09 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [wtp-releng] Smoke Test Request for WTP 3.4.0 I-build towards WTP 3.4.0                                                                       |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
  |wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                    |

Chuck, Carl, and others,

I've realized that the current versioning report isn't giving us an
accurate picture of Dali's plugin and feature version correctness.  The
reason being that we released 3.1 in December, but the reference build in
the resport is the most recent maintenance build, which for us doesn't give
us the right reference.

I can't remember what we did in this scenario the last time we did an
off-cycle release, but perhaps David or Tran remembers how we handled this
with regards to version reporting.  Perhaps we ran an ad-hoc report against
the Dali release reference build?

Currently, I think we have some versions that need to be updated to
distinguish themselves from the 3.1 versions.  Also, I noticed there were a
large number of unexpected comparator errors in this build.  We generally
require this list to be clean for an M build, correct?

Neil

On 3/15/2012 12:26 PM, Chuck Bridgham wrote:
      Smoke Test Request for WTP 3.4.0 I-build towards WTP 3.4.0

      Please document your Project's testing and approval of this build,
      by noon(EST) Friday, or let us know if that's not possible.

      Current Build
      http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp4x-R3.4.0-I/20120315123754/I-3.4.0-20120315123754/

      Smoketest Results
      http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Smoke_Test_Results_R340_03152012

      Thanks - Chuck

      Senior Architect, RAD Java EE Tools, WTP PMC Lead
      IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC