From:        David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To:        wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        06/02/2011 02:15 AM
Subject:        [wtp-releng] Status of WTP builds ...
Sent by:        wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I could be wrong ... but, I'd not count on us getting our RC4 candidate build today (Thursday) ... due to continuing infrastructure sluuuuggggiiiiishneeeeess. If I understand it right, all the main problems from the outage have been fixed but they also lost a NFS Disk Array (what ever that is :) ... so are sort of working at "half speed". And earlier attempt to build took about 9 hours just to compile, and even then was taking about an hour to try and copy the artifacts from one directory to another. So, I killed that attempt, since I knew we wanted to rebuild with updated prereqs. That build has been running 6 hours and is only halfway through compiling everything ... not to mention copying the results to another directory when done, and then running the unit tests.

So, stay tuned ... we might limp along with a re-compile (with another 6 hours of compiling?) but pretty sure the unit tests would never complete, as things are. Since we don't _need_ the build until Tuesday, we might be better off letting it build on the weekend? And do final testing on Monday? (There's been no bug fixes since last build, just doing a re-compile to use most recent pre-reqs and final JDT compiler).

Hope to learn more on Thursday about infrastructure, and will keep everyone informed ... but, thought I'd pass along now what little I know.