Re: [wtp-releng] Need respin for M-build

Oh, and should have mentioned, this would not invalidate any smoke tests that are in progress or done.

From:        David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To:        wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        03/31/2011 10:40 AM
Subject:        [wtp-releng] Need respin for M-build
Sent by:        wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Bug 341493 - Latest M build show some features need to be retagged (or incremented)

Instead of fixing by re-tagging, I'd like to "fix" this week by incrementing our
generatedVersionLength to 40 (default we've been using is 28).

The longer suffixes will be "uglier" but hopefully reduce the "probability" of
losing significant digits. Moving from 40 should automatically fix anything
generated by 28; but a) will need to check to make sure none "go down" in value, based on change in algorithm, or something weird, and
b) the true test of longer length will be in subsequent weeks, since 40 is automatically greater than 28 ... but in subsequent weeks it'll be 40 length strings compared to 40 length strings.

Please comment/follow bug, if concerns/suggestions.