Re: [wtp-releng] Status of I-build and JUnits and Smoke Tests

David,

      Yes, the Java EE failures appear to be problems with the test cases
themselves.  I was able to reproduce 72 of them in my local workspace, and
fixed those.  The remaining ones should not stop the build from being
declared.
      The Server failures were caused by a bug that was found with a change
to J2EEDeployableFactory for [224185] Binary Java EE 5 IArchive support
that was committed today (with approval from the component lead).  I have
reverted that class to its previous version.  Since the bad version was
only in the one build w/ the test failures, teams that smoke tested with
the previous builds will have the correct version, and do not need to
retest.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP programmer

             David M
             Williams/Raleigh/
             IBM@IBMUS                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Webtools releng discussion list
             wtp-releng-bounce         <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/28/2008 09:39          [wtp-releng] Status of I-build and
             PM                        JUnits and Smoke Tests

             Please respond to
              Webtools releng
              discussion list
             <wtp-releng@eclip
                  se.org>

I20080328201529

The failures in
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.tests.bvt.AutomatedBVT
appear to be more of "test problems" (not code) ... can JEE team confirm?

The failures in
org.eclipse.jst.server.core.tests.AllTests
are new and a casual reading of them looks like they are substantial. Can
JEE or Server Team confirm?

All smoke tests are passed March 25, 2008

but, I'd like confirmation if these JUnit failures indicate bad code or bad
tests ... thanks.