From: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Carl Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:46 PM
To: Webtools releng discussion list
Cc: Webtools releng discussion list; wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [wtp-releng] How to create new plugin?

Kaloyan,

      First, you should work with Kate Price (katep@xxxxxxxxxx) on this - I
believe she owns the documentation component (and will probably see this).
Second, you still put it in the wrong place- infopops belong in
HEAD/ejbtools/docs, not HEAD/ejbtools/plugins.  Third, I would put the map
file entry in the jeetools-docs.map file, since that file is for doc
plugins.  (Although we should probably consider making an ejbtools-docs.map
file in webtools.maps/releng.ejbtools since EJB will now have two doc
plugins.)  Then, of course, it needs to be added to the docs feature.

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson
WTP programmer

             "Raev, Kaloyan"
             <kaloyan.raev@sap
             Sent by:                  "Webtools releng discussion list"
             wtp-releng-bounce         <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxx                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/12/2008 11:30          [wtp-releng] How to create new
             AM                        plugin?

             Please respond to
              Webtools releng
              discussion list
             <wtp-releng@eclip
                  se.org>

Hello,

I need to create new plugin: org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui.infopop. The plugins
contains infopops for the EJB 3.0 bean wizards. It is similar in structure
like the org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.infopop plugin.

I have shared the project in the CVS and it is now at
HEAD/ejbtools/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui.infopop
What is the next step that I need to do to include the new plugin in the
WTP build?

Should I add reference in the /releng.jeetools/maps/jst-j2ee-advanced.map?
Anything else?

BTW, first I have erronously committed the new plugin directly in
HEAD/org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.infopop. Now I have troubles deleting it
from the repository. Any advice on this?

Thanks and greetings,
Kaloyan Raev
Eclipse WTP Committer
Senior Developer