RE: [wtp-releng] How to create new plugin?

Title: How to create new plugin?

> I have shared the project in the CVS and it is now at HEAD/ejbtools/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui.infopop
> What is the next step that I need to do to include the new plugin in the WTP build?

> Should I add reference in the /releng.jeetools/maps/jst-j2ee-advanced.map? Anything else?

In addition to adding the plugin to the map file, you will also need to add it to a feature. Without looking, I don’t know which feature would be most appropriate, but maybe if you take a look at features that reference ejb.ui and servlet.ui.infopop plugins, it would become obvious.

Make sure to release the feature changes. Also make sure to run the release process on the new plugin to get every file tagged and the correct tag inserted into the map file (you have to add an entry with a bogus tag to the map file before running the release tool).

> BTW, first I have erronously committed the new plugin directly in HEAD/org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.infopop. Now I have troubles deleting it from the repository. Any advice on this?

It’s a pain. You can delete the contents, but deleting a module in CVS requires admin access. I can’t recall who you have to send an e-mail to take care of this. Maybe David can chime in.

- Konstantin

I need to create new plugin: org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui.infopop. The plugins contains infopops for the EJB 3.0 bean wizards. It is similar in structure like the org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.infopop plugin.

I have shared the project in the CVS and it is now at HEAD/ejbtools/plugins/org.eclipse.jst.ejb.ui.infopop
What is the next step that I need to do to include the new plugin in the WTP build?

Should I add reference in the /releng.jeetools/maps/jst-j2ee-advanced.map? Anything else?

BTW, first I have erronously committed the new plugin directly in HEAD/org.eclipse.jst.servlet.ui.infopop. Now I have troubles deleting it from the repository. Any advice on this?

Thanks and greetings,
Kaloyan Raev
Eclipse WTP Committer
Senior Developer
NW C JS TOOLS JEE (BG)
SAP Labs Bulgaria
T +359/2/9157-416
mailto:kaloyan.raev@xxxxxxx
www.sap.com

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Back to the top