[wtp-releng] A note on Performance test and DB user/pw

At status meeting, I agreed to write note on how to pass env. variable for userid and password, but looking at the code, it looks like it expects them to be part of the dbloc variable?

See getDBUser in PerformanceTestPlugin.

If I'm reading the code right, I think you just need to embellish the current
perf.dbloc=wtp-perf-db
in perf.properties
to something like
perf.dbloc=wtp-perf-db;dbuser=yourusername;dbpasswd=yourpassword

Then, if this works on your local machine, there's probably easy ways to make the userid and password system variables that will be correctly interpreted by ant ... I think something like

perf.dbloc=wtp-perf-db;dbuser=${env.DBUSER};dbpasswd=${env.DBPASSWD}

where DBUSER and SBPASSWD would be simple environment variables set by the invoking script.

If this works, this would be the permeant fix to make in our code, so that in theory could be made by others, on other machines.

Back to the top