[wtp-releng] NOTICE: in WTP 1.0.2 we have "bumped up" to use 3.2 M5 level of basebuilder

the basebuilder is the part of our build that "controls" the PDE build generation, and supplies the JDT compiler.

I found it necessary to move up a version, since the previous, M4 version did not seem to be handling "compilerArgs" properly,
and would not allow us to control which warnings are listed (that's what the "no code generated builds" were yesterday).

Since 1800 warnings are too many to read through, to know if any are interesting, I feel its important to reduce those to a manageable number,
hence, we need to control the -warn level of JDT Compiler.

Hence, I switched to use the M5 version of base builder.

I just wanted to document it here, since, this does "drag a long" a different version of the JDT compiler, that's used to produce our byte codes,
It is now
Eclipse Java Compiler 0.642, 3.2.0 milestone-5
instead of the previous
Eclipse Java Compiler 0.631, 3.2.0 milestone-4

I suspect this is nothing but good-ness (i.e. bugs fixed, even more stable) but, wanted to let the community know, in case it mattered to anyone.

If anyone has any concerns, questions, or comments, please let us know.

Back to the top