Re: [wtp-proposal] In which state is the project?

Hi Sjoerd,

>===== From Sjoerd van Leent <svanleent@xxxxxxxxxx> =====
>
>Hello all,
>

>I wonder in which state the WTP project is.

The project is still in the proposal phase. It is still time to express
your thoughts about it.

>This because I'd gladly share some ideas with
>the project,

You can post any of your ideas into the <wtp-proposal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
mailing list.
We will be glad to read your thoughts about this project.

>however, I can't find a project page
>at eclipse.org where some information is given
>about ideas from different parties (I don't want
>to come up with ideas already proposed.)

You could find at <http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-webtools/>
the content of the WTP proposal divided into two subprojects 'Web
Standard Tools' and 'J2EE Standard Tools'.

>My interests
>are Round-trip development, J2EE in general,
>JSF and EJBs specifically. This mostly because
>I have a company (Small one) that develops made
>to measure applications.
>

>Also I'm student so I have ideas about what
>other students but also other people like in
>such a module. If I can be of any help, please
>let me know.

As we very welcome new contributions, we would be very happy to have you
join this project! Do you think you could take an active part of the
project? Are you expecting to contribute at a company level or at an
individual level ?

You could see different company commitments to the WTP project into the
Project Development Plan at
<http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-webtools/>.

We have also recorded many individual commitments to the WTP project. We
have updated our wiki master last week with these commitments and are
expecting to publish the new corresponding proposal very soon at
www.eclipse.org.

Regards,
Dominique De Vito
Thales+ObjectWeb