[wtp-proposal] Re: update of the Eclipse WTP proposal

I have updated JST wiki with the following:

- Mentioned that we have not mentioned all potential JSRs :-)
- Added a paragraph about metadata and "some" support for xdoclet
- Added a use case Exemplar tools for tomcat,jonas,jboss, j2ee 1.4 sdk, -if you want to add or delete from the list please do-
- Detailed Web Services support , JSR 109 and JSR 181

At 07:11 PM 5/19/2004, Dominique DE VITO wrote:
Naci,

Naci Dai wrote :

> Hi,
>
> I will go through the JST page to do the following:
>
> -Clarify inclusion of JSR 109 - Web Services and not metioning JSRs related
> to J2EE1.4 spec
> -Fuzyy sentence - OSS J2EE server

I have corrected the fuzzy sentence - OSS J2EE server - on the second main page,
not JST page(s). The new phrase is:

"Within scope will be a workbench providing a framework for developing, deploying, testing and debugging J2EE applications on standards-compliant server environments, as well as an exemplary implementation of a plug-in for at least an open source
J2EE Server"

Some people were previously thinking the project goal was to re-develop a new OSS
J2EE server.

Dominique

> -Metadata and XDoclet clarification
>
> Is there any other thing that I missed?
>
> We are on holiday on 19/20 but will be back on Friday.  I'll try to squeeze
> these in by then
>
> At 12:46 AM 5/19/2004, Dominique DE VITO wrote:
> >Arthur and Naci,
> >
> >To be sure: what I have understood is that you will update your subproject
> >part of
> >the proposal before the end of the week. Correct me if I am wrong.
> >
> >[due to French holidays, I won't be at work Thursday and Friday. But I
> >think I will
> >read my emails].
> >
> >Until now, I have only do the following updates:
> >- correction of a fuzzy sentence about plugin to OSS J2EE servers (2nd
> >main page),
> >- update of the contributors list (Gorkem Ercan, Jens Lukowski and Xinjie
> >Zhang
> >have been added+contribution information, no news about Joss Wright and Kinzan
> >company at the moment)
> >
> >Gorkem has also detailed what he think about proposal contribution
> >information:
> >
> > >         I have two issues concerning individual contributions. The
> > > contribution information on the proposal does a fine job defining the
> > > ways to communicate intentions, and also how to deliver patches. What I
> > > think missing is the information on how to become a committer. What is
> > > the process, Is there a voting involved? What is the criteria? etc..
> > >         My second issue is not about infromation missing but more about
> > > the process. I believe the proposing new features via bugzilla is not
> > > the best way for an individual contributor to become known by the WTP
> > > commiters. This is curicial if there is a voting involved on the road to
> > > become a committer. I think the process should involve a discussion on
> > > the mailing list first, then a voting period on the new feature and
> > > later a bugzilla entry(if that is a necessity.)
> > >

> >I will see what to do about it according the current proposal information.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Dominique De Vito
> >Thales+ObjectWeb
>
> Naci Dai,