Re: [wtp-proposal] Re: xdoclet

Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I think we definitely need to have annotation support in our tools, as
> part of the J2EE Standard Tools Project. I also think it makes sense to
> have some XDoclet support since we are in a transistional period and can't
> wait for all the JSRs to be defined.

I agree. Best thing is probably to insert an annotation-style agnostic
abstraction, allowing the user to switch between XDoclet and Java 1.5. There
are still companies out there who won't give up on Java 1.3 although 1.4 has
been around for 2 years. I guess the overlap will be just as long this time.

Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top