Re: [wtp-jst-dev] Question about wtp ant tasks

Hi Alexandre-Michael,

Welcome to the wtp list, the wtp mailing list and mainly all eclipse mailing list are use for development purposes, meaning: for communication between developers of eclipse and its associated projects.
There are newsgroups available for usage question, to get an answer to you question is probably best to post a note in eclipse.platform.
Check out http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/ for more in info on the newsgroups.

Having said, check out this info it may be what you are looking for: http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv/guide/jdt_apt_building_with_apt.htm

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
  WebSphere Application Server Tools (AST) Developer
  Lotus Notes: Angel Vera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
  Tel: 905-413-5919 - E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

"Alexandre-Michael Neubert" <alexandre-michael.neubert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-jst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/15/2007 05:46 AM

Please respond to
J2EE Standard Tools developer discussions <wtp-jst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-jst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-jst-dev] Question about wtp ant tasks

Hello list,
I am new to wtp list, so I am not sure this is the list where my question belongs ; don’t hesitate to notify me about another list which might be more about my problem.
OK, I am using WTP for over a year now and I need to know a little bit more about how WTP is handling compilation/packaging and dependencies.
In short, I have an application for which I want to keep a way of compiling and packaging using ant (without eclipse since on some machines I don’t have graphical interface). The easiest way I thought about was if I could call directly the ant tasks of wtp for compiling and packaging (since WTP uses ant tasks to perform these actions, right?).
I know for example that one could call the eclipse compiler directly by calling the class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.
Is that possible? If yes, which are the classes I need to call or where can I find some documentation about that?

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Alexandre