[wtp-jst-dev] Question about wtp ant tasks

Hello list,

I am new to wtp list, so I am not sure this is the list where my question belongs ; don’t hesitate to notify me about another list which might be more about my problem.

OK, I am using WTP for over a year now and I need to know a little bit more about how WTP is handling compilation/packaging and dependencies.

In short, I have an application for which I want to keep a way of compiling and packaging using ant (without eclipse since on some machines I don’t have graphical interface). The easiest way I thought about was if I could call directly the ant tasks of wtp for compiling and packaging (since WTP uses ant tasks to perform these actions, right?).

I know for example that one could call the eclipse compiler directly by calling the class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.

Is that possible? If yes, which are the classes I need to call or where can I find some documentation about that?

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Alexandre

Alexandre Neubert