Re: [wtp-jst-dev] Unit Tests

Would it be better to place the test in CVS, but create a jUnit suite that
doesn't include the Tomcat based tests. This way we run them in develop mode
and use them as documentation.

I'm looking for the tests, because I was
think of implement a Jetty Server plugin. Without a test suite, I'm not sure
how I would know that I've successfully implemented plugin.

Some more comments
below...

--- wtp-jst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The unit tests for the generic
server code are incomplete but the

I used the team project and checked
out the stuff from CVS, but I didn't see any tests. Can point me to ones that
do exist in CVS? I not sure what I'm missing.
<<<
> generic plugins are
not complete yet also. I am hoping to put some
> test in next week at least
for the parts that are more stable.
> Also it was mentioned that there are
unit tests for the rest of the

Was this mentioned on the mailing list
or the news group?
<<<

> server tooling(the core and the tomcat), but
they required to launch a
> tomcat server. So Tim (DeBoer) decided not to
put them since it could
> break the automated tests.
> Gorkem Ercan
>

> On 15 Oct 2004 16:40:21 -0000, jduska.2514509@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> <jduska.2514509@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I asked this question on the
newsgroup, because I thought it was a pretty
> > general questions. Dominique
suggested that I post it here. I wasn't sure,
> > if I should cross post
this.

> > I am starting to go through the Server code
> > base, I've
noticed that there are no unit tests. I'm curious to know, if this
> > these
just haven't been