Re: [wtp-jsf-dev] Assistant code

In that case, you should look in the JSF Tooling Developer Guide under "JSF Expression Language Tooling" and specifically at "Contributing EL Variables". You will either want to create your own extension of org.eclipse.jst.jsf.common.symbolSourceProvider <../extpts_reference/jsf/org_eclipse_jst_jsf_common_symbolSourceProvider.html> to inject your annotation generated variables, or you may wish to override the whole DTVariableResolver to match your runtime VariableResolver. The simplest thing in this second case is to sub-class DefaultDTVariableResolver and then override "addBeanSymbols".

--Cam

Marcos Sousa wrote:

Hi Cameron,

We have 2 annotations:
@ManagedBean
@Bean(name = "userBean", scope = Scope.REQUEST)

Basically, we have a variable resolver that receive the jsf expression and check managed annotated beans.

Thanks,

Marcos Sousa

Cameron Bateman wrote:

Hi Marcos,

We can provide support for loading managed beans and navigation cases. I don't think we have much in the way of developer documentation, but if you look at the JSFAppConfigManager you will see the entry point to getting configuration information. For example, to get a list of management beans declared in the project, you could do this:

JSFAppConfigManager manager = JSFAppConfigManager.getInstance(project);
List managedBeans = manager.getManagedBeans();

for (Iterator it = managedBeans.iterator(); it.hasNext();)
{
   ManagedBeanType bean = (...) it.next();
}

As to the part about writing a JSP editor extension to provide annotations, can you give an example here? I can see where you might inject managed bean names into annotations in a Java file, but I'm not clear on how it works the other way around.

--Cam

Marcos Sousa wrote:

Hi Cameron,

Yes, exactly I want. I want to write a plugin that integrates with JSP Editor and Visual Web Page Editor to provide content assist by ctrl-Space keyboard event. This project integrate JSF and Spring providing navigation cases and managed beans as annotation tags.

Thanks,

Marcos Sousa

Cameron Bateman wrote:

Hi Marcos,

Can you give me more specifics about what you want to do? Are you trying to integrate our code into yours or provide an enhancement to our code? When you refer to "jsf assistant code" do you mean the content assist (Ctrl-Space) that we provide in the JSP editor or something else? With respect to annotated managed beans, are you talking about the dependency injection annotations that were added in JSF 1.2 or something else?

Thanks,

Cameron

Marcos Sousa wrote:

Hello,

I'm a springannotation developer (http://sannotations.sourceforge.net) and I want to incorporate in jsf assistant code the annotated managed beans. Where I find some documentation to do this? What class to extend, etc...

Thanks,

Marcos Sousa