[wtp-incubator-dev] How to get Vex installed correctly on Ganymede?

I am looking for a free XML Editor which will run as an Eclipse plugin and found references to Vex which seems very promising.
I realize it is work in progress but according to the article in Eclipse magazine, http://it-republik.de/jaxenter/artikel/XML-ohne-spitze-Klammern-2941.html
it should be possible to use it already.

I am running Ganymede, 3.4.2 and have the JavaEE tools installed.

I first tried the Vex version on the sourceforge site but I had an NPE restarting Eclipse.

Then I tried the integration package: wtp-incubator-xml.vex-I-I20100216185302-20100216185302.zip
by unzipping & putting in my dropins folder.
I see the Vex XML Editor (Incubating) inn my Installed Software dialog and I have no errors in the log file.
But I don't find any Vex views available and the option to open an XML file with Vex is not available.

I also tried latest stable nightly build: wtp-xml-vex-SDK-Incubation-N201005200812.zip with same results.

As far as I can see, I have all the required plugins installed.
Thanks in advance for any hints as to what I am missing.

Regards,
Karen Lease

Back to the top