Personally I don't care what we call it, just as long as we say this is the end of development of 0.5 and start development of 1.0.

I agree that 1.0 should start in July and follow the 6 week rythym of the other WTP milestones...we may graduate sooner rather than later in that rythym...but that depends on the community.

Dave

On 03/29/2010 07:19 AM, David M Williams wrote:

This does sound like great progress.

But, as a reminder, given the subject line, we, in WTP, normally do not do a "release" of incubating code, in the formal sense of an Eclipse Release. That is, we don't do them as a "stake in the ground", nor as a way to "encourage use".  Only if openly required by an adopter for their own release. It could be billed as a "significant milestone" or similar, but a "Release" means "ready for product use" and that is a high bar, if still incubating. But, yes, a well advertised milestone, with webinars, tutorials, etc., all sound great and would encourage use and eventual adoption.

That said, Helios will be over soon, and when it is, we still need to "hit the ground running" with next year's M1 shortly after, so it would be good to put in place a plan to join the rhythms of WTP's weekly and milestone builds  starting in July, for the next release.
Thanks,

From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Holger Voormann <holger@xxxxxxxxxxx>, WTP Incubator Dev list <wtp-incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/27/2010 12:12 AM
Subject: [wtp-incubator-dev] Vex 0.5 Release?
Sent by: wtp-incubator-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Holger,

I had the opportunity to put Vex through some paces this week.  First
let me say that it has come a long way in a very short period of time.
The stability is good, and I used it to help create a DocBook version of
the Eclipse Public License for use by the foundation.    So I was
wondering what your thoughts were on making a public version of Vex 0.5
available in the next couple of months.

Also, I think we should shoot for a Vex 1.0 version for release sometime
next year.

Thoughts?

Dave