[wtp-incubator-dev] XQDT - What are the committer responsibilities?

Sam, Gabriel, and William:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/XQDT_2009-09-23

I was reviewing the XQDT meeting minutes from today since I wasn't able to attend and noticed a question along the lines of what are the responsibilities or expectations of a eclipse committer. A blog entry from a couple of years ago I think sums it up nicely.

http://dataplat.blogspot.com/2006/12/eclipse-is-you-and-you-are-all.html

With that, I'll add that the XQDT committers should be monitoring this list, the WTP Forums on the eclipse forum site:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums

Monitoring and responding to bugs.

Helping promote and foster a community around their project. This includes but not limited to do presentations, tutorials, writing articles, blogging, etc. Basically you want to help build and foster a community. If an Eclispe Demo camp is going to be in your area or within driving distance, consider showing off what you are developing and how it can be used.

I'm sure others on the incubator mailing list may have additional suggestions. In order to graduate from the incubator there has to be be some sense of community that is forming around the project. Which I think is starting to happen, and should increase as the project evolves at eclipse.

Questions let me know.

Back to the top