[wtp-incubator-dev] XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Validation

Adopters and fellow XSL Tools committers I've added a fairly significant plugin to the latest I-Build of XSL Tools. XPath 2.0 support.

I've implemented bug 226245 which requested that the XPath 2.0 statements be validated in XSLT 2.0 stylesheets. This is accomplished with the PsychoPath XPath 2.0 processor that was contributed to XSL Tools, and approved by the Eclipse IP process a few days ago.

The PsychoPath processor resides in the org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath2.processor plugin and can be used outside of eclipse. This plugin should never have any eclipse dependencies. It is packaged as a bundle so that it can be used by eclipse plugins as well and managed through osgi as other orbit like bundles.

There is a test suite started for this processor as well. org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath2.processor.tests

The test suite has several thousand files with it, as it includes the W3C XQuery/Xpath 2.0 test suite files (excluding the XqueryX files). This is checked in according to eclipse parallel IP policy. There are some basic tests for the PsychoPath processor that I have written to show how it can be used and instantiated to evaluate XPath 2.0 statements.

There is also an idea for Google Summer of Code to have a student try and get PsychoPath to pass as much of the XPath 2.0 test suite as possible.

Dave

Back to the top