Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] StylesheetModel question

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
Yes it is synched with the edited files via the SSE validation framework - so it is always being kept up to date in the background while you are editing (not quite real-time, but good enough). This is how things get validated as you type. You can refresh any stylesheet in the model at any time by calling XSLCore.buildStylesheet(file) - though it should not be necessary as it should always be up to date anyway. So no enhancement request required!
Okay...I've got a couple of items that might need to be enhanced on it as I work with it for a couple of content assistance features, and enhance some of the existing assistance for selct and test attributes.

I'm not sure having the validation framework keep it in synch is necessarily the right approach, and maybe we need buildStylesheet(IDOMDocument document) method to allow just passing in a IDOMDocument for building the model instead of relying on a file. It can do what it needs under the cover, but from an editor standpoint it makes more sense to pass the current StructuredTextEditor DOM in instead of having to reload it.

What do you think?
Note that there are lots of things that can be done to the model - I have only done the bare minimum needed to validate it to the degree we have needed so far, and it will need to be extended as we go along.
Yeah, I'll probably be adding some more functionality over the coming months as I get into some of the more advance content assistance and refactoring features.

Dave

Back to the top