[wtp-incubator-dev] Status of M9 build and release and release review

You may note I've moved to "S-builds" instead of I-build for our XSL M9 (writing this note, I see I forgot to change the '8' to a '9' so have fixed that for latest S-builds).

I don't recall seeing a confirmation, but neither objections, so I'll assume what I wrote earlier, and
we will publish our official M9 on Wednesday 13th, after that, we'll produce an R build, and officially publish it one week after that, Wed., the 20th.

The week buffer is always a good idea, just to give adopters time to test the final candidate, to make sure we've not made any last minute mistakes.

Unrelated, you may have noticed some small chance we can't do the review on Wednesday, since the IP Log technically hasn't been officially approved yet, and we do technically have one CQ outstanding that still needs official approval. All of this (if your curious) is just that the people involved have been on vacation ... well, that I we didn't check ahead of time if they'd be available :) I'm 99% sure they can get all the work done by Wednesday, but you never know, so that's why it was scheduled with a chance it might have to be delayed. Just wanted to let all you committers know.

Lastly, I may be producing several "extra" S-builds, just because I'm testing/fixing putting JUnit test times on the summary page ... and the incubator builds so quickly it's easy to test a time or two to put on finishing touches.

Back to the top