Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Smoke Test Time

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
There is a good reason to retain the Saxon plugin, even though it doesn't actually contribute a Saxon processor instance. The user is allowed to add new instances of a processor via the Installed Processors preference page. But without the Saxon plugin, they will not be able to add Saxon processors themselves.
The problem is that without the SAXON.jar you can't get a clean compile. We shouldn't check in code that doesn't compile cleanly. And Saxon isn't approved by IP to use.

I agree that it is woudl be great to have the functionality, but there are other ways the user can add it themselves, or have Saxon itself include the functionality through a plugin for the XSLT editor.

Dave

Back to the top