From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
To: WTP Incubator Dev list <wtp-incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 16 January, 2008 9:00:27 PM
Subject: Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Smoke Test Time

Jesper Steen Møller wrote:

> Turns out the build was broken long ago. Complains about Saxon. I'll
> have a look.

Personally, I'm for removing for now the Saxon option.  We don't have IP
approval to use it, and I still think the whole feature is better
contributed back to Michael Kay at Saxonica for distribution from
there.  Otherwise we are making people go out and get optional software
to use it.  If we do include it, it should be as a seperate feature
that is optional and not included in the core.

> One more thing : The XPath view and the configurable outline extension
> is not included in the feature or otherwise. Should we make it a
> separate feature so people can decide for themselves?
Well...the XPath view I see as being a necessary utility for XSLT
editting.  Most other XSLT editors have similar functionality.
OxygenXML and XML Spy to name two.  So I would vote to have it included.

The Configurable Outline Extension, is a nice to have, and probably
should incubate on it's own for eventual graduation into wst.xml.

My two cents.

Dave