[wtp-incubator-dev] XSLT M1 build and future planned items

To help try to establish a long term target and rythm for releases. I've gone through the XSLT Requirements wiki page, and looked to see what was done and what hasn't been completed. Items that were noted as being completed were maked with an M1 indicator. Also, if it had a bug report I put M1 in the whiteboard section. Below is the bugzilla query that will bring up those items that had a M1 bug.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5Bxslt%5D&classification=WebTools&product=Web+Tools&component=incubator&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=M1&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Note, that currently there were more features that were implemented for M1 that didn't have a corresponding bug report. Going forward, I'm think everything that is being worked on needs to have a corresponding bug report that it's referenced against. If you worked on something and it was completed for M1 but doesn't currently have a bug report, please create one and assign it to yourself, update the information in it, and resolve it if it is done.

I have also gone through the requirements page, and created bug reports for several items that said they were being worked on or planning to be worked on. For these, I have added the keyword "plan" to the bugs. The current list of bugs that are planned for a future milestone are:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5Bxslt%5D&classification=WebTools&product=Web+Tools&component=incubator&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=plan&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

Again, not everything that is in the requirements page has a bug report. As items are reviewed and planned for future milestones, they will need to have bug reports.

My suggestion right now, is that we still strive for an M1 build on January 21st. I will be targeting a few cleanups to the XSLT Editing and Preferences screen for M1 to get those cleaned. I would suggest that everybody try to get anything they want in M1 done no later than Wednesday, January 16th.

Please go through the Wiki Requirements page, and mark what you think should be targeted for M2. Our current plan is to go with the 6 week development cycle that WTP is following. However, we may not be "feature complete" in time for Ganymede so there is no target for a release by then. We will determine an actual release as we get further along.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/XSL_Tools_Requirements

Please mark M2 planned items in italics with M2 as the designator.

Dave

Back to the top