[wtp-incubator-dev] Saxon 9

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to withdraw the CQ for Saxon 9 to be approved by IP. I have not heard back from Michael Kay the author in regards to the questions that still need to be answered.

So how to proceede:

1. Concentrate onf XSLT 1.0 support with EXSLT extensions that are supported by Xalan.

2.  Continue working with Michael Kay to work out the issues.

3. Work on support for XSLT 2.0 editing with in the editor. This doesn't necessarily require an XSLT 2.0 interpretor. Possibly create our own compiler/checker to make sure all XSLT 2.0 rules are being followed.

However, any support for XSLT 2.0 debugging would have to be treated like an adopter implementing it through extension points. Unless anyone knows of an alternative XSLT 2.0 engine that we could look at.

Might be a good How To article to show how an adopter could implement XSLT 2.0 support using the framework.

Dave

Back to the top