Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] XSL Launching questions

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
I didn't know about XProc - it looks good. I would like to use it instead of the XML config file I created. Could you knock together an example pipeline that works in the same way as the one we have now? I can use it as a template.

XProc is very comprehensive, so much so that it would be almost impossible to make a run dialog page that could configure it. So I think the alternative would be to allow the user to specify a path to an XProc file they have created instead.
Here's a sample from the yac XProc processor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xproc:pipeline name="pipe1" xmlns:xproc="http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/xproc/1.0";
  xmlns:yax="http://opsdesign.eu/yax/1.0";>
<xproc:step name="trans1" type="xproc:XSLT" yax:description="transforms 'a*' elements to 'b*' elmenents."> <xproc:input port="stylesheet" href="test/transformation1.xsl"/> </xproc:step> <xproc:step name="trans2" type="xproc:XSLT" yax:description="transforms 'b*' elements to 'c*' elmenents.">
     <xproc:input port="stylesheet" href="test/transformation2.xsl"/>
<xproc:parameter name="transformer" value="Saxon6" /> </xproc:step> <xproc:step name="trans3" type="xproc:XSLT" yax:description="transforms 'c*' elements to 'd*' elmenents."> <xproc:input port="stylesheet" href="test/transformation3.xsl"/> <xproc:parameter name="transformer" value="XSLTC" /> </xproc:step>
</xproc:pipeline>

Yac can be found at:

http://yax.sourceforge.net/

I style typically tend to use Ant to create my pipelines if I need to do so, as I run them batch
and don't do too much realtime processing with XSLT pipelines.

I've put a feature request on the XSLT Tools requirements wiki page:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=XSL_Tools_Requirements

Dave

Back to the top