From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
To: WTP Incubator Dev list <wtp-incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December, 2007 2:08:30 PM
Subject: Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Outstanding CQ questions

Jesper Steen Møller wrote:
> David Carver wrote:
>> Otherwise, we will need to have the DTD go through CQ review as
>> well.  If I remember right X-Assist was using the DTDs for content
>> assist, and you should be able to accomplish the same thing with the
>> XSDs.
> I'm looking into how to do this based on the X-Assist code base, but
> with validation as the first priority. I would prefer the XSD anyway,
> as it is also generally useful.
Well, the typical way this is done, is that the editor says which
Grammar to use to help create the overall content model.  However,
unless I'm mistaken, there is no current way for a source editor to tell
the grammar to use, not unless we dynamically contribute an XML Catalog
entry and change it based on the version attribute.  This way the
namespace is used to indicate the grammar to use.  If it's a version 1.0
grammar it is uses that XSD, if it is a version 2.0 grammar it uses the
2.0 xsd.

I know that you can programmaticly add to the XML Catalog, but not sure
you can dynamically change an entry and not have it saved into the catalog.

Ideally we need a way to allow an editor to specify it's grammar to be used.