Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] XSLT Project Planning

Okay. I'll start working on a project plan, and I agree it definitely needs to be collaborative. To this affect, I'll start setting up some pages for the XML Development Tools project on the Wiki. I'll see if i can get these grouped as a sub-category under the main Wiki.

As for project planning, I'll use some of the Scrum techniques for running the project, which definitely requires a collaborative effort, and the developers being self sufficient, so there won't be a lot of bugging from me on status. I agree we should try and get on the same release train as the rest of WTP, but not sure I agree with the Milestone numbering as proposed...incubators are left to their own to figure out the milestone plans....So I'd prefer to just have an overall M1 as our first release, whether that is just the XSLT launching portion or a combination of the projects, I think it represents the product as whole better.
Doug I'll take care of getting the old bug reports entered into bugzilla.

We also should look as soon as possible getting the automated builds started so that we can be ready for the M1. WTP M4 is coming up...so I don't know if we will be ready there...we may want to take a similiar stance since we depend on WTP for items, of doing a +2 on our milestones for the time being in case their is any WTP items we depend on for our need (like the new validation framework).

I think it's good to shoot for a Gany target release date, I also want to keep it fairly open.

Anyways, here's a brief link to an overview of how I plan to initial run the project, we can tweak as necessary.

http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/presentation/access/51-planning-and-tracking-on-agile-projects

I think we should try and adopt as much of the existing WTP development process as possible.

Dave

Back to the top