Re: [wtp-dev] Alternative to WTP editors with TM4E and LSP4E

On 04/26/2017 05:22 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I would have thought someone would have made an LSP shim for tsserver by
now. As more IDE¹s adopt LSP, there should be enough demand for this. I
searched a little while ago and didn¹t find anything tho.
The language-server used by BlueSky (and Che IIRC) is https://github.com/sourcegraph/_javascript_-typescript-langserver . It's based on tsserver but adds some constraints that reduce the "power" of some features.
There is a thread about tsserver and LSP mentioning possible approaches, current state and so on: https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript/issues/11274 . However, at the moment, there seems to be no commitment from the tsserver developers to embrace the LSP officially.

But I'm confident it's only a matter of months before this changes, as LSP is getting more and more traction.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top