Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT meeting agenda 20151103

On 06.11.15 11:44, Angelo zerr wrote:
> Thnaks To for sharing your work.

> <mailto:tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     For communicating to LanguageService (or tsserver) I have pushed a
>     project to github who has a Java-API that allows to access the
>     LanguageService from Java [1].
>
>     Most of the Java code is generated from the DSL-File located at [2].
>
>     Please note that in contrast to Tern who IIRC works synchronously for
>     all calls
>

> Why do you say that? Tern uses http server to communicate with tern
> server (insead of readline like tsserver).

The problem with pure HTTP is that you can not support pushes from the
server to the client. You'd need at least use eg websockets to get that
working.

As I stated there are at least 2 methods in LanguageService who'll
respond not immediately:
* syntaxDiag
* semanticDiag

So the call to "geterr" returns no result (=void) but you get that
asynchronously and I think you can not support that with plain HTTP.

Please note: I'm not against Tern but if you use LanguageService you
need to keep the above in mind.

Tom

--
Thomas Schindl, CTO