Re: [wtp-dev] JSDT meeting agenda 20151103

Thnaks To for sharing your work.

For communicating to LanguageService (or tsserver) I have pushed a
project to github who has a Java-API that allows to access the
LanguageService from Java [1].

Most of the Java code is generated from the DSL-File located at [2].

Please note that in contrast to Tern who IIRC works synchronously for
all calls

Why do you say that? Tern uses http server to communicate with tern server (insead of readline like tsserver).

tsserver is sending events in an async fashion as well (see
the last 2 entries in the tsspec-File).

Note that all this stuff is fairly new (I have just implemented it and
tested a few functions) and I only run it on my OS-X System.

The work done is closely connected to the Smart Code Editor framework
I'm currently working on [3,4] although my personal focus is on JavaFX
most of the services can by applied no matter what UI-Toolkit (SWT,
JavaFX,...) and Environment (OSGi, Plain Java, Jigsaw).

The thing I don't like with tsserver, is that:

 * you can use it only with node and not with webbrowser (like tern), but Language Service can be used with webbrowser.
 * tern gives the capability to post content of each files. It's very helpfull for tern.java which manage include/exclude path with Java, and uses IProgressMonitor when project is loaded (you can stop the synchronize of file as soon as you wish). tsserver use node fs to retrieve files to load, so it's not possible to support IProgressMonitor (freeze problem).
 * tsserver uses "readline", it's more hard to collect the JSON stream than just HTTP response.
 * TypeScript Language Service doesn't provide the capability to get completion + details in one pass.

I will try to create my own tsserver to support http, etc

Tom I will try to play with your work.

Regard's Angelo

Tom

[1]https://github.com/BestSolution-at/java-tsserver/tree/master
[2]https://github.com/BestSolution-at/java-tsserver/blob/master/runtime/at.bestsolution.typescript.service.api/src/at/bestsolution/typescript/service/api/TSServer.tsspec
[3]https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2015/session/can-you-build-smart-code-editor-eclipse-4-application-platform-aka-e4
[4]http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/2015/07/27/developing-a-source-code-editor-in-javafx-on-the-eclipse-4-application-platform/

On 03.11.15 21:19, Gorkem Ercan wrote:

> Updated the agenda with minutes.
>
> On 3 Nov 2015, at 10:30, Gorkem Ercan wrote:
>
>> Meeting agenda for today's JSDT call is up. As usual, please feel free
>> to add items.
>>
>> https://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Confcalls/Minutes_20151103#Meeting_Agenda

Thomas Schindl, CTO
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH
Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 5-7, A-6020 Innsbruck
http://www.bestsolution.at/
Reg. Nr. FN 222302s am Firmenbuchgericht Innsbruck