Re: [wtp-dev] Dali version(s) in Kepler M4

Folks,

The Webtools Kepler repository had the M4 driver added to it yesterday.  A simple explanation of the problem- the WTP Build guy was on vacation when M4 was declared, and it was a rush declare (since we barely had time to build, due to dependency issues with ICU's version change), so shortcuts were taken.  Since I didn't follow the script, I didn't do the "add to the Webtools repository" step.  (Which usually occurs on Friday of a declare week- the same day everything else becomes available).
Yesterday, I trained in a backup in how to do that step.  As such, if this happens again, hopefully either myself or a backup will get this done.  But, the main Kepler repository is a safer bet for use, since, if we add a new driver to the release train, it will get added to the main repository automatically.  (But due to the fact that the URL for the Webtools repository is part of the EPP, and the fact that we only issue public patches to our repository, we need to keep our repository up to date and on track.)
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

- Carl Anderson
WTP Build guy

Inactive hide details for Fred Bricon ---01/18/2013 05:01:09 PM---You're right, on a fresh install the correct version is preseFred Bricon ---01/18/2013 05:01:09 PM---You're right, on a fresh install the correct version is present. I don't know how my M4 install was

Fred Bricon <fbricon@xxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

01/18/2013 05:01 PM

Re: [wtp-dev] Dali version(s) in Kepler M4

    Sent by:

wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

You're right, on a fresh install the correct version is present. I don't know how my M4 install was tainted with an older version. I'm wondering if that's caused by installing the stale SDK from http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/kepler

Getting the SDK matching the kepler release is the reason why I use that repo BTW.