Re: [wtp-dev] use case for JavaScript Class file viewer

Hi Jacek,

Right now its used to show non-editable "library" file. Things like system.js and the browser libraries will typically open in that.

You are right though. This is mainly just a remnant of JDT.

Thanks,
Chris

Inactive hide details for Jacek Pospychala <jacek.p@xxxxxxxx>Jacek Pospychala <jacek.p@xxxxxxxx>

          Jacek Pospychala <jacek.p@xxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          11/18/2009 04:25 AM

          Please respond to
          "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] use case for _javascript_ Class file viewer

hi,
what's the use case for JSDT's Class File viewer?
I know it's copy of JDT's Class file viewer. In JDT *.class files are
quite different than source *.java files but this is not the case for
_javascript_, right?
All I could see in source code, is that class viewer (and IClassFile
interface) is supposed to be used in non-editable JS files - how to make
use of that from JSDT UI?

thanks

Jacek