[wtp-dev] New and Noteworthy for M7 by May 5th

Hello everyone,
The templates for M7 have been added to the web site repository and you
can preview the current draft version at
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/3.1M7/ .  As usual, if a
project doesn't have anything written up when I go to update our news feed
on the 5th, I'll just comment out their link to it from the overview page,
no fuss, no muss.  So, please, do try to be on time.  I'm not above
mockery and public finger-pointing.

I'd still prefer we take our screenshots on Microsoft Windows XP using the
default blue theme when possible, saving them as properly cropped .png
files so as not to detract from our page layout.  While I won't stop
anyone from using images from other platforms, doing so will give our
combined New and Noteworthy for the 3.1 release a somewhat unprofessional
look when I assemble it post-RC1.

To set yourself up to edit your subproject's contents manually, connect to
the web site CVS repository at
:extssh:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse and either check out the
entire contents of the /www/webtools folder, or just
/www/webtools/development/news/3.1M7 if you only want to work on this
milestone's files.  The attached team project set contains just the 3.1M7
folder if you want to quickly get started from within Eclipse.

And don't forget that API additions or changes, significant version number
updates, and especially migration information should be recorded in "New
Help for Old Friends IV" (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/New_Help_for_Old_Friends_IV ).  It never hurts to
advertise your new APIs there since it's not what the "New and Noteworthy"
is for..  As always, if there are any questions or concerns, feel free to
raise them.

Regards,
---
Nitin Dahyabhai