Re: [wtp-dev] Supporting additional language: CFML

Very good point. From that standpoint the language itself is controlled by a corporation (Adobe) but, from what I know, the language itself is open source. From the stance of "vendor neutrality" it probably would not be a good fit.

For information sake, there are three major companies that make ColdFusion engines: Adobe, New Atlantis, and Railo Technologies. Recently (within the last year) New Atlantis has spawned an open source version of their engine, Blue Dragon, which has become a separate entity. In the next month or two Railo Technologies is joining JBoss making two ColdFusion engines that are/will be available.

But yes, the more I look at the WTP project itself I can see that it wouldn't fit with the rest of the selection. I'll look into other alternatives.

Thanks for your time.

--
Randy Merrill